Skip to main content

Gamification Europe – A Hero’s Journey


Gamification Europe is our brand new conference, expo and networking event for gamification and engagement professionals.

I have been thinking about organising a gamification conference in Brighton for quite some time now. It’s one of the most lively and creative places in the UK and a place which is open to new ideas like gamification.

I travel around the world speaking and training people on gamification. I have met a lot of gamification professionals who have a vast amount of knowledge and experience on how gamification works and how it can also fail.

I also Chair GamFed whose aim is to support the gamification community. So running a conference where we meet and exchange ideas, experiences and best practices fits this purpose.

The theme of this first event is the Hero’s Journey. I wanted our speakers to talk about the obstacles they have overcome on their own journeys to becoming gamification heroes. The best speaking slots have thus gone to the bravest speakers. Those who are willing to talk about what has gone wrong with their use of gamification, the obstacles overcome and what they have learnt from that.

We are very happy to have booked some amazing speakers from all over the world like Andrzej Marczewski, Marigo Raftopoulos, Jeff Gomez, Melinda Jacobs and Michael Wu. They will share their insights for successful and not so successful case studies and also thoughts on the future of the industry.

As the Gamification event of 2017, it’s the place to be for anyone in the gamification community. Also for anyone using or interested in using gamification to foster behaviour change. Whether it be for marketing, loyalty, staff motivation, employee engagement, effective learning, innovation or culture change.

I look forward to seeing you all in Brighton soon.


Pete



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Four Quick Q&As - with An Coppens

1)      When and how did you first hear about gamification? In 2007. To be honest I don’t remember. It could have been a talk from Gabe or Mario, but not sure to be honest. 2)      Why and when did you decide that you wanted to use gamification? My reason was that I finally had a word for the things I had been doing in learning and change management for over 10 years at that point and I also felt looking at the group of people then in the industry, that there was a big need for women to enter the mix, because what I saw were young mainly white males. I also knew from my experience that gamification worked for me, so making it work for others seemed like a natural next challenge. 3)      What is the main takeaway someone will take after attending your session at Gamification Europe ? Learning gamification is about a lot more than points and badges especially when you focus on what the learner wants. 4)      What other session of Gamification Europe are you